Losing keys is one of the biggest problems faced by people. Master lock locksmiths have come up with this amazing key box to keep your keys in one place and safe. The box is created two ways with and without code.
The master lock key boxes provide secure storage of keys or access cards in a convenient location for regular use. The Master Lock No. 5400D Portable Lock Box features a 3-1/4in (83mm) wide metal body for longer durability. The portable design offers benefits like removable “over the knob” installation. Set your unique 4-digit combination for the keyless convenience and increased security of your belongings. The shutter door protects combination dials from weather, dirt, and grime or any other harms and defects; and molded body and vinyl coated shackle helps prevent scratching.
- Large capacity provides in the key lock box enables secure storage of up to five keys; fits most ball, biscuit, and tulip doorknob in it.
- Set your unique four-digit combination for the lockbox; reset the combination out of the thousands of personalized combination code options possible.
- Feasible for both indoor and outdoor use; the key safe is constructed with a metal body for longer durability, vinyl coated shackle to helps prevent scratching, and shutter door to protect combination dials from weather harms.
- Exterior dimensions: 6-1/3 in. (16.1 cm) H x 3-1/4 in. (8.3 cm) W x 1-3/4 in. (4.4 cm) D; 13/32 in. (10 mm) diameter shackle with 1-13/32 in. (36 mm) L, 1-7/8 in. (48 mm) W
- Interior dimensions: 3.07 in. (7.79 cm) H x 2-3/4 in. (7 cm) W x 1 in. (2.5 cm) D; 9.6 cm. in. (24.4 cm) volume
How to open master lock key box with code:
The master lock locksmith have made a very efficient box for securing the keys. To open the lock with code one needs to follow the following steps:
- Opening the compartment door: slide the shutter down. The lock is pre-set to 0000.
- Press down the release button to open up the lock safe. The door of the lock would open.
- On the back of the lock, you would see the reset button but the button left then down.
- Again, go back to the front of the door. The move dials to set the lock set the desired code.
- Then open the door again push the reset button to the right and then up to set the code.
- Close the door of the lock scramble the code, slide the door back up. And you are all set.
How to open the master lock key box without code:
Some lockboxes might be locked with a key, many lockboxes require a combination to open. The combination method is a more secure method as there are chances that keys can be lost or stolen. But sometimes a combination lock can also not be too secure and reliable. If you forget or lose the combination of your lock, you lock yourself out from your property. If you lose the combination for your lockbox, you can try one of a few methods to open up the box. There are 3 methods to unlock the key box, first is at home, the second is by the manufacturer and the third is by the master lock locksmiths.
- Bend the two safety pin and try picking the lock. If this does not work then try using a paper pin straighten it completely and again try picking the lock.
- Take the second paper pin or safety pin into an L.
- Insert the pin at the bottom of the keyhole and push it in. Then insert the straightened paper clip into the top of the keyhole, push the clip upwards.
- Pull out the first paper clip, raking it upward against the pins. At the same time, apply slight tension to the L-shaped paper clip. You may need to try this a few times before it works. Tada the lock is open.
Reset the combination of your lock.
- Contact the manufacturer of your master lock key box. They may be able to assist you if you have lost your combination or forgotten it. Manufacturers have different policies, but the following steps commonly apply for all.
- Print out any necessary forms that you have to provide with for a lost combination. Combination lockbox from certain brands requires this step before they send the combination for locks, of the serial number you have. Manufacturers will definitely not send the combination in response to telephone, fax, or email requests due to the security issues. Check the manufacturer’s website for specific policies and information in such a scenario.
- Have the form authorized by a Notary Public to prove you are the rightful owner of the lockbox, the combination is lost of.
- Photocopy the serial number on the lockbox and send it to the manufacturer.
- Mail the all the necessary and required forms and documentation to the manufacturer of your key box, and you should receive the combination within several weeks.
- Find a reputable, professional locksmith to open the lockbox for you or you can even call the master lock locksmith. In many cases, the manufacturer of the lockbox will be able to send a locksmith who will be able to open the lock being the locksmith of such locks. Before you hire any locksmith, however, ensure whether the company is reputed or not.
- Ask for the locksmith’s identification and insurance information before letting them inside the property. If you are entrusting them to pick your lock and repair it, ensure that they are a professional, or you risk compromising the security of your lockbox and property.
- Reset your new unique combination after the locksmith forces the lock open.
Try to keep the combination written in a secured document for safety purposes. And also, be while choosing the locksmith, the most preferable is calling the locksmith through the manufacturer.